Schelstraete Lawyers is a midsize law firm, founded in the Netherlands in 1989, and has more than 30 years of experience in the fields of Business, Contracting, Art, Equine law and Litigation at an International level.
Schelstraete has its head office in Oisterwijk (located in Noord-Brabant, the most equine region
in The Netherlands) nearby the Belgium and German border. At its meeting room in the heart of
Amsterdam at the Herengracht Schelstraete provides its legal services to many foreign clients.
The client of Schelstraete sold in June 2017 a horse with a 3 for the radius bone for an amount of € 6.000,-. The horse had no other defect
• Israeli client of Schelstraete wins Court of Appeal procedure in The Hague (The Netherlands): Client’s claim of client for compensation of 50.000 euro based on the annulled purchase of a dressage horse granted: source: ECLI:GHDHA:2017:3097 dated 25 January 2018.
• Swedish client of Schelstraete and Burkart Fischer wins Court of Appeal procedure in Celle (Germany): purchase agreement on expensive dressage horse successfully annulled based on mal representations and fraud, claim of 2 million euro towards seller, commissioners and trainer granted.
• Dutch client of Schelstraete wins Court of Appeal procedure in ’s-Hertogenbosch (The Netherlands): civil arrest on horses of client Schelstraete lifted; source: ECLI:NL:GHSHE:2018:1172 dated 20 March 2018.
• Saudi client of Schelstraete wins Court of Appeal procedure in Arnhem (The Netherlands): Horse trainer does not have a right of retention. Court lifts arrest on several horses. Source: ECLI:NL:GHARL:2018:3893 dated 24 April 2018.
• Dutch client of Schelstraete wins civil procedure in ’s-Hertogenbosch (The Netherlands): client was seller of grand prix show jumper to Canadian buyer with purchase price of 650.000 euro. Court rejects Buyer’s claim for annulment of purchase agreement. Buyer should have tried the horse herselves and is no consumer. Source: ECLI:RBOBR:2018:5905 dated 28 November 2018.
• Japanese client of Schelstraete wins a civil law suit up to the Supreme Court in Bulgaria against a Swedish counterparty: ruling no. 587/14 of the District Court of Varna, commercial department, dated 14 February 2018.