Schelstraete Lawyers has an equine law and sports law desk for the Middle East which is based in the Netherlands and is composed of international lawyers. Its devoted team has the expertise to provide comprehensive legal advice to protect and promote the interests of its international clients.
Schelstraete Lawyers also provides sound and realistic guidance to its Middle Eastern clients in relation to their business initiatives and projects in Europe.
We offer the following services:
- International legal advice
- Contractual negotiation and drafting
- Assistance at national and international disciplinary proceedings, including FEI and CAS
- Advise financial stakeholders in the equine business
- Tax advice to clients and entities involved in the international equine business, including the VAT implications of cross-border transactions
- Immigration services
- Family office
Some of our most noteworthy cases at the Middle East desk include:
1. A Saudi client of Schelstraete Lawyers won a procedure before the Court of Appeal in Arnhem (The Netherlands). The Court held that a horse trainer did not have a right of retention and accordingly lifted an arrest over several horses of our client.
2. A Saudi client of Schelstraete Lawyers won an appeal wherein the Court confirmed that our client was the owner of four valuable jumping horses. The counterparty was ordered to pay damages for the unlawful appropriation of the horses. The Court rejected all arguments submitted by the counterparty.
Should you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us.
procedure in Arnhem!
Source: ECLI:NL:GHARL:2018:3893 dated 24 April 2018.
wins again in appeal!
in ‘Los Angeles’