Several references of Schelstraete in 2018
• Israeli client of Schelstraete wins Court of Appeal procedure in The Hague (The Netherlands): Client’s claim of client for compensation of 50.000 euro based on the annulled purchase of a dressage horse granted: source: ECLI:GHDHA:2017:3097 dated 25 January 2018.
• Swedish client of Schelstraete and Burkart Fischer wins Court of Appeal procedure in Celle (Germany): purchase agreement on expensive dressage horse successfully annulled based on mal representations and fraud, claim of 2 million euro towards seller, commissioners and trainer granted.
• Dutch client of Schelstraete wins Court of Appeal procedure in ’s-Hertogenbosch (The Netherlands): civil arrest on horses of client Schelstraete lifted; source: ECLI:NL:GHSHE:2018:1172 dated 20 March 2018.
• Saudi client of Schelstraete wins Court of Appeal procedure in Arnhem (The Netherlands): Horse trainer does not have a right of retention. Court lifts arrest on several horses. Source: ECLI:NL:GHARL:2018:3893 dated 24 April 2018.
• Dutch client of Schelstraete wins civil procedure in ’s-Hertogenbosch (The Netherlands): client was seller of grand prix show jumper to Canadian buyer with purchase price of 650.000 euro. Court rejects Buyer’s claim for annulment of purchase agreement. Buyer should have tried the horse herselves and is no consumer. Source: ECLI:RBOBR:2018:5905 dated 28 November 2018.
• Japanese client of Schelstraete wins a civil law suit up to the Supreme Court in Bulgaria against a Swedish counterparty: ruling no. 587/14 of the District Court of Varna, commercial department, dated 14 February 2018.
• Swedish client of Schelstraete wins enforcement dispute from counterparty who tried to stop the execution of a German Court decision on two million euro claim. Source: The Court of Appeal (Hovrätten över Skåne och Blekinge) ruling no. nr ÖÄ 2994-18 dated 26 October 2018.
• Dutch client of Schelstraete wins litigation on painting (Jacob Jordaens). Client is seller of a painting of which buyer claimed this was not an original. Buyers claim for compensation of 650.000 euro rejected. Source: Court ’s-Hertogenbosch, dated 5 September 2018.
• Dutch client of Schelstraete wins short lawsuit from American Counterparty in Amsterdam (The Netherlands): Court limited civil arrest on property client from 2,5 million to 285.000. Source: ECLI:NL:RBAMS:2018:9144 dated 12 December 2018.
• Dutch client of Schelstraete wins a by the English counterparty alleged neurectomy case: the judge rejected the claims of the English buyer because buyer failed to prove that the intention with the purchase of the horse from client was to partake in FEI dressage competitions. Source: Court ’s-Hertogenbosch, dated 19 April 2019.
• Dutch client of Schelstraete, an Equine Business Owner and organizer of Equine Events all over the world ,wins case from a Dutch Caterer about the catering for an event in Italy. Caterer needs to pay the client of SEL 200.000 euro. Source: ECLI:NL:GHSHE:2018:4029 dated 3 October 2018.
Advising and contracting
• Conclusion of a long term contract between highly ranked FEI show jumper and American horse.
• Contractual agreements (joint ventures) regarding several 4* and 5* equestrian competitions nationally and internationally.
• Negotiations on behalf of client of Schelstraete to participate in Global Champions League (GCL) Team.
• Schelstraete advised several non-European Olympic riders and their company’s on tax issues in Europe and their European domicile.
• Schelstraete advises clients on their Equestrian Facility/Property transactions.
• Japanese client establishes his equine business successfully in The Netherlands with the assistance of Schelstraete.
• Schelstraete claimed successfully 750.000 euro and 250.000 euro for a Dutch client at its English Insurance Company.
• Negotiated successfully with a Dutch bank about waiving the debt of Schelstraete’s client of 700.000 euro.
• Positive outcome at the FEI Tribunal for Saudi client.
• Successful settlement in FEI disciplinary case for a Dutch and a Saudi client of Schelstraete.