The Dutch minister of medical care and sports called public restaurants, bars, other food and beverage establishments (except for take away) and sports clubs to close until April 6, 2020. This also concerns the equestrian industry. However, horses have their basic needs: they need care and exercise.
A practical overview what is allowed and is not allowed in your equestrian facility in the Netherlands according to the guidelines of the KNHS (the Dutch sport horse organisation) and the FNRS (the Dutch organisation for horse riding schools):
- Third party training and lessons must be cancelled immediately.
- Sport horse accommodations must be closed for third parties until April 6, 2020; no training; no lessons, no other activities are allowed.
- No group activities are allowed.
- Individual riding is allowed for owners, regular riders, lessees or volunteers. In case one of them has a cold, request them to stay home for the duration of the symptoms and at least 24 hours after the symptoms have disappeared.
- Transport of horses is allowed but it is not recommended to let in people (and horses) from outside into you equestrian facility.
- Riding under supervision is only allowed when strictly necessary;
- Inform your clients about the taken precaution measures.
If you need help with drafting Corona-precaution measures or an information letter to your client, or in case you have questions related to this subject or clients, employees and other third parties ask you questions which you cannot answer. Feel free to contact us.
We could advice you on the financial effects of the measures as well. The Dutch government introduced a set of emergency measures to financially assist companies. One of the measures is the so called “NOW”: in case your company’s turnover lowers more than 20% due to the measures taken the Dutch Government pays a part of the salary of your employees in the coming months, up to 90%. Also the self-employed will be supported. In case you need advice to see what the possibilities are and on how to apply for these measures please contact us as well.
Phone number: +31(0)135114420 / firstname.lastname@example.org
From March 24 we are located in our new office in ’s Hertogenbosch (The Netherlands), at the Hoflaan 7-9.